10 facts about me
1. I studied English and Elementary Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
2. I have been married for four years. My husband Aaron received his Ph.D in Chemistry and works as a research scientist at Cree in Durham.
3. I love to run and am excited to work with the running clubs at Cedar Fork this year.
4. My idea of a perfect weekend involves camping, a hammock, and a good book.
5. My little brother Billy is a graduate student at Duke.
6. My cat, Pete, loves to play fetch. Also, I learned about Pete the Cat (the book) after naming Pete the Cat (my cat).
7. I was in my high school and college marching bands.
8. My guilty pleasures are Reese's Pieces and re reading my favorite books.
9. I earned my Girl Scout Gold Award by creating a quilt of author's signatures...I have signatures from Judy Blume, Beverly Cleary, Jane Yolen, Lemony Snicket, and more!
10. This summer I went on my usual road trip to Iowa to visit family, but I also attended the Library of Congress summer teacher institute. I learned a lot and can't wait to use new strategies in the classroom!